Estate planning involves making plans as regards one’s personal property and assets, and such plans must conform with the estate laws of the state where the person owns properties. A New York estate planning attorney, highly knowledgeable in the estate laws of New York, provides clients with legal guidance and advice on the best manner in which their estate may be disposed when they die. To plan for the disposal of an estate, certain documents such as a durable and complete Power of Attorney, wills and trusts must be established. By so doing, there will be no uncertainties as to the distribution of an estate; estate taxes and expenses will be reduced, thus increasing the overall estate value.
As people are different, so are their desires. While some would want their family members involved in the administration of the estate when they pass away, others may not. You may even be at a loss about how to distribute your assets among your surviving loved ones. The New York estate planning attorney will not only provide you with available options, bur will recommend and advise you on the best out of the lot. He, with his legal power of attorney, will help ensure that all your desires concerning your estate are carried out effectively just as you want them, and that you’re well taken care of medically in your old age.
Note that your estate plan must be according to New York guidelines in order for you wishes to be effectively carried out. If not, any mistake will lead to the nullifying of your estate plan or will, and this will inadvently drag your surviving family into hassles and unnecessary expenses on the long run. To avoid things like this, you’re advised to consult the services of a qualified and highly competent New York estate planning attorney.
What services should I expect from an estate planning attorney?
- Preparing a Living Trust to avoid the probate process along with its hassles.
- Advising you on the best type of Trust to establish, such as an Irrevocable Trust
- Preparing a valid Will according to the state laws.
- Helping to reduce or rule out estate taxes.
- Preparing a valid legal power of attorney.
- Ensuring that your property is protected from the ravaging clutches of your beneficiaries’ creditors.
- Distributing your estate to your beneficiaries in the manner you so wish.
- Help prevent guardianship for minors and those incapacitated.
- Drawing out the best and most suitable retirement plan.
- The NYC estate planning attorney will also help in putting your brokerage accounts, debt, personal properties, business and partnership interests, as well as insurance policies into business entities or Trusts.
- Establish a healthcare plan that suits your needs.
- Help you know when best to update your estate plan. (Your estate plan can always be adjusted so far you’re still alive.)
These are a number of areas where the New York estate planning attorney has expertise in, and most of these matters are quite delicate, requiring special legal background knowledge. Left for you as a common resident in New York, the likelihood of you knowing what exactly the state demands of your estate plan is quite slim, and there’s every tendency that you’ll encounter difficulties or make mistakes. These mistakes may be as grave as rendering your whole estate plan as useless, wherefore the state will have full legal control as to the distribution of your estate. You obviously do not want this, so why not opt for peace of mind today? Why not make the right decisions that will give you this peace of mind knowing that when you die, all your wishes will be carried out? This will only happen when you have someone with the technical know-how and legal background for guiding you through the estate planning process.
Hence, contact a qualified New York City estate planning attorney today.